Tech Mahindra trains its employees in AI successfully
Tech Mahindra, a company based in New Delhi, has taken a significant step in preparing its workforce for the future by training around 8,000 employees in artificial intelligence (AI). This move comes at a time when AI has gained immense popularity, especially after the launch of OpenAI’s ChatGPT. With Tech Mahindra’s efforts to equip its employees with AI skills, there is great anticipation for what lies ahead.
Here are five key points to understand about this development:
1. Strategic Focus: Tech Mahindra is focusing on sectors like BFSI, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, particularly in the USA.
2. Investment in Human Capital: The company is investing in its workforce to create a talent pool that is adaptable and resilient to future changes. Around 8,000 employees have been trained in generative AI and other AI platforms.
3. Transforming Work Paradigm: Generative AI is seen as the next transformative force in the industry, with the potential to revolutionize work methods, communication, and content creation. This shift in technology has also led to a demand for new skills, prompting companies to reskill and upskill their employees.
4. Financial Performance: Tech Mahindra’s decision to train its employees in AI comes after a 36 percent decline in net profits during the April-June quarter.
5. CEO’s Outlook: Despite the challenges faced during this quarter, CEO C P Gurnani remains optimistic about the company’s growth trajectory, citing generative AI, quantum computing, and cybersecurity as key drivers.
As more companies adopt AI technology, the demand for individuals with AI expertise is expected to increase. Job postings on platforms like LinkedIn already reflect this trend. As the industry progresses, AI integration will redefine professions and enhance human potential.